While the world is striving to attain perfection, I realize the only perfect One took my place, as a perfect sacrifice, on a cross. Through Him my weaknesses are made strong. I'm not afraid to be different, because I AM different. I'm a child of The Most High. I can be imperfect because I am loved by a Perfect God.



Praying for Direction. Lift by Prayer. Working for Peace. Labor by Power. Driven by Love. Love by Patience. Living by Faith. Live by Presence. Held by Hope. Learn by Faith.


Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shout Out :: Apology :: Update :: Day 4

Today is my bestie: Miss Vita Carter's birthday!!! I hope it's everything she's wanted and more!!! This year has brought some experiences, lessons, heartbreak, laughter, dashboard days, road trips, and so much more! I can't wait until we get to listen to our recorded time capsule! We're gonna make this your best year yet!! :)

I'm sorry it's been a few days Blogger was down for technical fixings. Good News: It's up and running again! :)

A lot has happened so I'll briefly fill you in.

Wednesday was my orientation for my new job. I start tomorrow night. I must admit, I'm super excited about it! Ok, and a little nervous too.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I've been taking a Financial Peace class with Dave Ramsey. He has really changed my perspective (and spending) of money :) He talks a lot about advanced planning, being debt free, and building wealth. Obviously, I'm young so if I can practice these principles.... My money will work for me.

ANYWAY... he has discussed retirement and ira's, mutual funds... the whole deal. Well, with this new job I'm required to put 4.5% into retirement, but I can (and will ) max it out at 14.5%. However... regardless of how much I put in, the company puts in........

are you ready for this?

you sure?

it's amazing!

I just about screamed......


.... 11%

Yes that is ELEVEN PERCENT!!!

That is a huge chunk of money! I'm completely stoked about it!

God is so good! Let me tell you what else. He has blessed me.

I have a 90 day probation period for my job. I'll probably completely that around september (give or take), once it's done I get 5 paid earned days. On my one year anniversary: May 11, 2012, I will get five more earned days.

Bottom line? Next May I will have TEN paid vacations days! What does this really mean? Next June I'm going on a TEN day mission trip.... and I will have paid vacation days!!

How can you tell me that's not a God thing??

I was also blessed to recieve some extra money this week. I paid off both my credit cards, my student loan, 3/4 of my debt to my parents, AND set up a fully funded emergency account.

When you're faithful to God, He is faithful to you.


ok... how about our blog challenge now.

Day 4

Share something that makes you smile. It can be anything!

I would have to say three things.

1. Being outside: only in Spring, Summer, or Fall.
    Although, I much prefer summer. Hot enough to spend the days in the pool, enjoying the sunshine, and cool enough to go down by the river in the evenings. Or the weekends camping. Afternoons on the porch, in the swing, eating ice cream with the neighbors.

2. Music

    It's like no matter what your mood is, there is always music to express yourself. When no one else is around... It's still there. Music is the language of the world, the uniting element to every country, culture, gender, generation, past, or profession. When words cannot adequately describe an emotion, music sings the passion.

3. Being with the people I love
    I really don't think this number needs a caption. The people I love can put the smile on my face when it's gone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment