While the world is striving to attain perfection, I realize the only perfect One took my place, as a perfect sacrifice, on a cross. Through Him my weaknesses are made strong. I'm not afraid to be different, because I AM different. I'm a child of The Most High. I can be imperfect because I am loved by a Perfect God.



Praying for Direction. Lift by Prayer. Working for Peace. Labor by Power. Driven by Love. Love by Patience. Living by Faith. Live by Presence. Held by Hope. Learn by Faith.


Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 3: I know who I am

Today we had the first day of summer weather! :) Since it was so nice, I spent almost all day outside. Unfortunately I was in the shade so I didn't get much of a tan. :(

As I was outside enjoying nature, I spotted a bee. Most other people in the world are probably like me, I HATE bees. I see them and completely freak out, because I don't want to get stung. However, today, seeing one from a distance reminded me of a discussion we had in biology, when I was in high school.

Given the size of a bee's body in the proportion of their wings, it should not be possible for a bee to be able to fly. Scientists have not been able to figure out how this works, how such tiny wings are able to support a much bigger body.

The simple solution is: God made a bee to fly, therefore it flies. Nobody ever told the bee it couldn't fly. What would happen if we applied this to our life? What if our main goal was to be exactly how God intended us to be?

I know we're all striving to be "Christ-like" Christians, but so many times we get distracted and dragged down by life's pressures. We also forget the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. Somebody can say something and we get offended, we have a dream or a goal and someone disapproves for whatever reason, and we are discouraged. Our dreams are blown away by the wind that comes out of that person's mouth. Back to the bee analogy, Scientists can say a bee should not fly: but guess what, that bee flies every day, it completes it's purpose. We need to be the same way. When people speak negativity, just remember who you are. God made you to be a certain way, He made you to complete a certain task. Nobody, no matter their name, position, or relationship, can hinder what God has ordained in YOUR life, unless you let them.

I want to dance for you, like nobody's watching. I want to sing for you, like nobody's listening. I want to be the way I was made!

No comments:

Post a Comment