While the world is striving to attain perfection, I realize the only perfect One took my place, as a perfect sacrifice, on a cross. Through Him my weaknesses are made strong. I'm not afraid to be different, because I AM different. I'm a child of The Most High. I can be imperfect because I am loved by a Perfect God.



Praying for Direction. Lift by Prayer. Working for Peace. Labor by Power. Driven by Love. Love by Patience. Living by Faith. Live by Presence. Held by Hope. Learn by Faith.


Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 2: Accountability

Today marks the second day of my fast. I'm beginning to feel much better, however it's still a daily battle.

I was thinking today about accountability. All my life I've been accountable to people: teachers, elders, family, some friends, etc. As you get older, accountability becomes somewhat subjective so to speak. If you have an accountability partner, you can only be accountable to them for what they know aka what you tell them.

As I was dwelling on that thought, I realized that it doesn't matter how many people you are accountable to, or WHO you are accountable to. The only real difference is made when you are accountable to yourself. Please do not get me wrong, I am NOT saying to eliminate mentors and accountability partners, because those people are extremely vital in a person's growth and maturity. However, you must have boundaries and limitations set in your mind. You must know your limits, these must be established before you have the opportunity to cross your boundaries.

Your accountability partners can only do so much, and say so much. This brings me to the question: As an accountability partner, when do you draw the line? You have a conversation about a situation...a week later the same thing happens again... Not because of a mistake, but because you put yourself in the situation for it to happen.

I guess I'm trying to say that there comes a time in everyone's life,where you have to live life for yourself, and accept responsibility for your own actions. You make the decisions, you life with the consequences.

I want to make a difference in someone's life, be a passionate person, and stand firmly for what I believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment