While the world is striving to attain perfection, I realize the only perfect One took my place, as a perfect sacrifice, on a cross. Through Him my weaknesses are made strong. I'm not afraid to be different, because I AM different. I'm a child of The Most High. I can be imperfect because I am loved by a Perfect God.



Praying for Direction. Lift by Prayer. Working for Peace. Labor by Power. Driven by Love. Love by Patience. Living by Faith. Live by Presence. Held by Hope. Learn by Faith.


Sunday, October 30, 2011

How To Forget

Yesterday I succeeded in pretending I no longer care about someone. Fact of the matter is, he probably didn't even notice. You see, it was his birthday and i successfully didn't wish him a happy day.

I know it sounds really childish and petty. However, to me, birthdays are kind of a big deal. It means so much to me when people remember. Unfortunately I'm sure that's not the case with him.

I guess what it boils down to is that I'm well on my way of walking out of his life. I want to know that I meant something to him. I want him to miss me, to know that our friendship meant that much to him.

Not just him... but with the 4 friends I've lost this year. Maybe everything was just a waste of time. But, if I meant something, and they're still getting along just fine, I'd really like to know the secret.... to being ok after someone who was a huge part of your life is no longer a part.

No comments:

Post a Comment